Except as otherwise noted in this website, all content and material on this website—including information, photos, podcasts, blog posts, graphics/charts, icons, code, design and overall appearance—are the property of Venture Science and should not be used, modified or reproduced without our prior written consent. All trademarks, trade names and logos displayed on this website are the property of Venture Science, its affiliates or their respective third party owners, and this website grants no license to them. VENTURE SCIENCE, PALO ALTO VENTURE SCIENCE are registered trademarks in the United States and/or other countries and may not be used without the prior written permission of Venture Science.
We at Venture Science take your privacy seriously. We may collect and store any personal information that you knowingly provide to us, as well as information that we automatically receive from your browser or device. We may communicate with you if you’ve provided us the means to do so, unless you inform us that you do not want to receive communications from us. We do not rent or sell your personal information to anyone. We may share the personally identifiable information you provide us with third parties, but only as necessary to provide this website and our associated services. In addition, we may share information to third parties on a non-personal or aggregated basis such that any individual would not be able to be identified.
Third Party Websites
This website may link to or integrate with other websites operated or content provided by third parties, and such other websites may link to this website. Venture Science has no control over any such other websites or their content and will have no liability arising out of or related to such websites or their content. The existence of any such link does not constitute an endorsement of such websites, the content of the websites or the operators of the websites. Venture Science is providing these links to you only as a convenience. You release and hold Venture Science harmless from any and all liability arising from your use of any third party website or service.
Submissions to Venture Science
Due to the large number of business plan ideas and related materials that Venture Science reviews, and the similarity of many such plans and materials, we cannot agree to obligations of confidentiality, non-use or non-disclosure with regard to any information or materials submitted or provided to or otherwise shared with us. By submitting information or materials to Venture Science, you or anyone acting on your behalf, agree that any such information or materials will not be considered confidential or proprietary, and that Venture Science is free to use it without condition. In no event will Venture Science be limited in, or restricted from, the pursuit of any opportunities, either alone or with third parties.
You are responsible for all information, content, and materials you contribute, disclose, or share in any manner on or through the website and its associated services and you represent and warrant you have all rights necessary to do so. You are responsible for all your activity in connection with the website and its associated services.
Nothing on the website or its associated services constitutes professional or financial advice of any kind (including business, employment, investment advisory, accounting, tax, and/or legal advice). Advice from a suitably qualified professional should always be sought in relation to any particular matter or circumstance. Nothing on the website or its associated services constitutes or forms a part of any offer for sale or subscription of, or any invitation to offer to buy or subscribe for, any securities, nor should it or any part of it form the basis of, or be relied upon in connection with, any contract or commitment whatsoever.
You acknowledge and agree that neither Venture Science nor any other person (including, without limitation, any affiliate of Venture Science) is in any way obligated to invest in any business you are associated with or offer you to invest in any Venture Science entity or affiliate. Further, Venture Science makes no representation, warranty or guarantee that any use of its services will result in your employment or engagement as a consultant or receiving career development services of any kind.
THIS WEBSITE AND THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.” NEITHER VENTURE SCIENCE NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES IS PROVIDING ANY WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THIS WEBSITE. VENTURE SCIENCE AND ITS AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND WITH REGARD TO THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, FREEDOM FROM VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. VENTURE SCIENCE AND ITS AFFILIATES DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, ADEQUACY, OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION AND MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM LIABILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE MATERIALS AND INFORMATION.
PROSPECTIVE INVESTORS ARE NOT TO CONSTRUE THE CONTENTS OF THIS PRESENTATION OR ANY PRIOR OR SUBSEQUENT COMMUNICATION FROM THE GENERAL PARTNER OF THE FUND OR ANY OF ITS REPRESENTATIVES OR AFFILIATES, AS LEGAL, TAX, OR INVESTMENT ADVICE. EACH INVESTOR SHOULD CONSULT WITH AND RELY ON HIS, HER OR ITS OWN PERSONAL COUNSEL, ACCOUNTANT, OR OTHER ADVISORS AS TO LEGAL, TAX, AND ECONOMIC IMPLICATIONS OF AN INVESTMENT IN THE FUND AND ITS SUITABILITY FOR SUCH INVESTORS. THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT, AND IS NOT INTENDED TO, CONSTITUTE ANY ACTIVITY TARGETING MARKETING, OFFERING OR EXTENDING AN INVITATION TO PURCHASE ANY SECURITIES, SHARES OR ANY OTHER NEGOTIABLE OR NON-NEGOTIABLE, FINANCIAL OR CAPITAL MARKET INSTRUMENTS OF ANY KIND IN THE REPUBLIC OR TURKEY. THIS DOCUMENT IS THEREFORE NOT INTENDED AND MAY NOT BE DISTRIBUTED WITHIN THE REPUBLIC OF TURKEY NEITHER WITHIN THE MEANING AND SCOPE OF COMMUNIQUÉ ON FOREIGN CAPITAL MARKET INSTRUMENTS AND DEPOSITARY RECEIPTS AND FOREIGN INVESTMENT FUNDS NUMBERED VII-128.4 NOR DECREE NO. 32 ON THE PROTECTION OF THE VALUE OF TURKISH CURRENCY. THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A PROSPECTUS AS PER ART. 3(J) OF THE TURKISH CAPITAL MARKET CODE OR ANY OTHER DOCUMENT PRESCRIBED IN TURKISH CAPITAL MARKET CODE OR ITS COMMUNIQUÉS FOR A SIMILAR PURPOSE, WITHIN THE MEANING OF AND HAS BEEN PREPARED WITHOUT REGARD TO THE DISCLOSURE STANDARDS FOR ISSUE PROSPECTUSES UNDER OR THE DISCLOSURE STANDARDS FOR LISTING PROSPECTUSES UNDER TURKISH CAPITAL MARKETS LAW OR THE LISTING RULES OF ANY OTHER STOCK EXCHANGE OR REGULATED TRADING FACILITY IN TURKEY. THE SHARES WILL NOT BE LISTED ON THE BORSA ISTANBUL OR ON ANY OTHER STOCK EXCHANGE OR REGULATED TRADING FACILITY IN TURKEY.
To the fullest extent allowed by applicable law, under no circumstances and regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), strict liability, or otherwise, will Venture Science or its affiliates be liable to you or any other person for (i) any amount in excess of $100 or (ii) any consequential, incidental, special, punitive, or exemplary damages, regardless of whether Venture Science or its affiliates have been apprised of the likelihood of such damages occurring.
To the fullest extent allowed by applicable law, you agree to indemnify and hold Venture Science, its affiliates, officers, agents, employees, and partners harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages (actual and consequential), losses and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) arising from or in any way related to any third party claims relating to (a) your use of the website or its affiliated services (including any actions taken by a third party using your account), and (b) your violation of these terms.
You and Venture Science agree that these terms are the complete and exclusive statement of the mutual understanding between you and Venture Science and supersede all prior agreements and understandings relating to such subject matter. These terms are governed by and will be construed under the laws of the State of California, without regard to the conflicts of laws provisions thereof. Any disputes relating to these terms shall be resolved exclusively in the state or federal courts located in Santa Clara County, California. These terms are binding on you as well as your successors and permitted assigns. If any provision of these terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated, to the minimum extent necessary, so that these terms shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
Although certain individuals are identified on this website as “Partners” or “General Partners,” such titles reflect business usage that is customary within the venture capital and private equity industry and are not intended to indicate that any such individual is actually a partner or general partner of any partnership as those terms are used for legal purposes.
* This website and the related investment and verification platform (together, the “Website”) is intended for “U.S. persons” only (as defined in Rule 902(k) promulgated under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended). The Website and the material contained therein does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of interest to purchase any securities or investment advisory services in any country or jurisdiction in which such offer or solicitation is not permitted by law. For purposes of such Rule 902(k), “U.S. person” means:
- Any natural person resident in the United States;
- Any partnership or corporation organized or incorporated under the laws of the United States;
- Any estate of which any executor or administrator is a U.S. person;
- Any trust of which any trustee is a U.S. person;
- Any agency or branch of a foreign entity located in the United States;
- Any non-discretionary account or similar account (other than an estate or trust) held by a dealer or other fiduciary for the benefit or account of a U.S. person;
- Any discretionary account or similar account (other than an estate or trust) held by a dealer or other fiduciary organized, incorporated, or (if an individual) resident in the United States; and
Any partnership or corporation if:
- Organized or incorporated under the laws of any foreign jurisdiction; and
- Formed by a U.S. person principally for the purpose of investing in securities not registered under the Act, unless it is organized or incorporated, and owned, by accredited investors (as defined in Rule 501(a)) who are not natural persons, estates or trusts.
The following are not “U.S. persons”:
- Any discretionary account or similar account (other than an estate or trust) held for the benefit or account of a non-U.S. person by a dealer or other professional fiduciary organized, incorporated, or (if an individual) resident in the United States;
- Any estate of which any professional fiduciary acting as executor or administrator is a U.S. person if:
- An executor or administrator of the estate who is not a U.S. person has sole or shared investment discretion with respect to the assets of the estate; and
- The estate is governed by foreign law;
- Any trust of which any professional fiduciary acting as trustee is a U.S. person, if a trustee who is not a U.S. person has sole or shared investment discretion with respect to the trust assets, and no beneficiary of the trust (and no settlor if the trust is revocable) is a U.S. person;
- An employee benefit plan established and administered in accordance with the law of a country other than the United States and customary practices and documentation of such country;
- Any agency or branch of a U.S. person located outside the United States if:
- The agency or branch operates for valid business reasons; and
- The agency or branch is engaged in the business of insurance or banking and is subject to substantive insurance or banking regulation, respectively, in the jurisdiction where located; and
- The International Monetary Fund, the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development, the Inter-American Development Bank, the Asian Development Bank, the African Development Bank, the United Nations, and their agencies, affiliates and pension plans, and any other similar international organizations, their agencies, affiliates and pension plans.